The Root Restaurant & Bar is The Detroit Free Press Restaurant of the Year 2012 and Eater Detroit’s Restaurant of the Year 2014. These accolades are an accomplishment of our staff, vendors and the great community surrounding us.
Other honorable mentions include:
- People’s Best New Chef: Great Lakes / Food & Wine Magazine 2015
- Chef of the Year / Eater Detroit 2014
- Best Chef / Hour Detroit 2013
- 12 Restaurants that will expand your taste buds. / Detroit News 2012
- American Cuisine / OpenTable Diners Top 100 American Fare Restaurants
- Fit for Foodies – Best Food – Best Overall / OpenTable Diners’ Choice Winner
The Root has been featured or mentioned in numerous media.
- The Root switches up brunch menu, adds Sunday dinner service
January 6, 2016/ / Detroit Metro Times
Fans of James Rigato’s popular The Root Restaurant & Bar in White Lake will notice some changes on the weekly brunch menu. To ring in the new year, executive Chef Nick Rodgers has unveiled some new options. What’s more, if … Continue reading
- Pop-up restaurant is a success
March 18, 2015/ / Livingston Daily
It was a good night of good eats Sunday as Nicholas Rodgers’ pop-up restaurant in Howell — the first of what he anticipates to be many in the county — was a sold-out success. “It went very well, very smooth. … Continue reading